Consultant for Project Support Required
Consultant for project support required for community led tourism projects by The Girvan Town Team
Closing Date for Applications is 8th October. Interviews will be held on either 14th or 15th October, applicants must be available. To apply, please send C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The contract will be with Girvan Town Team and the consultant will report to the Community Led Tourism Sub-Group of the Girvan Town Team (GTT) and to the delivery partner, Creetown Initiative. The opportunity is offered as a self-employed contract at a rate of £15 per hour plus £1,000 total expenses. The expectation is that the post-holder will work 17.5 hours per week. This is a fixed term contract until the end of March 2022 but could be extended subject to available funding and performance. Primary responsibilities are listed below and should be used in tandem with the identified Community Led Tourism Priorities.
Project Support Key Tasks:
Support the Community Led Tourism (CLT) Steering Group to project manage and deliver a range of projects to improve Girvan and its tourism offer.
Assist the CLT Steering Group to prepare relevant funding applications for projects.
Liaise with community groups, statutory organisations and businesses when required in the delivery of the projects.
Attend fortnightly steering group meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
Work with the CLT Steering Group and Creetown Initiative to create the Girvan Community Led Tourism Action Plan.
Use social media to promote the Community Led Tourism projects.
React to new opportunities which could be either projects or funding.
Submission of weekly timesheets.
There may be other tasks required and will be directed by the Steering Group or Creetown Initiative.
Consultant Specification, Professional Skills & Experience:
• Good communication skills, oral and written.
• Ability to effectively present oral and written reports and information to a wide variety of audiences.
• Experience of working with and engaging with people from different age groups.
• Good organisational skills and the ability to set and achieve realistic targets, meet deadlines, manage your own work-load, and work well on your own initiative.
• Ability to work as a member of a team and to work effectively with volunteers.
• High standard of computer literacy with experience of using various social media channels.
• Positive attitude, flexible, including the willingness to adapt to the needs of the support role including working flexible hours if required.
· Project management and project delivery experience.
• Current driving licence and access to a car with appropriate insurance cover.
• Knowledge of Girvan
· Tourism experience